The objective of the Consultancy Service is to formulate a technically, economically feasible and socially/environmentally sustainable strategic plan for development of electricity distribution infrastructure across Azerbaijan Republic for the decade of 2021-2026 years in order to address social needs and demands of developing economy of the country.
Description of Actual Services Provided by ARPA staff:
The Strategic Plan 2021-2026 to address the followings:
• Analyses of the external in country environment in electricity sector
• Overview of energy and economic legislation
• Review of Relevant Development Plan, Programs, Projects, and Surveys which were conducted in the past
• Review of existing distribution infrastructure, its operations and maintenance framework
• SWOT and GAP analyses
• Development of strategic objectives for the period of 2021-2026 in accordance with the demand forecast
• Development of the strategy to reach strategic objectives
• Development of demand-based plans for construction of electricity distribution infrastructure to address country’s economic needs, including network and substations (renewables and energy efficiency, agriculture, metering infrastructure etc.)
• Procurement needs and project implementation schemes
• Environmental impacts of the existing and planned infrastructure
• Performance analyses of the technical and economic indicators before and after the proposed strategic plan
• Estimation of investments need for realization of strategic objectives.